Saturday, August 2, 2014

Currently-August 2014 Edition

I have missed the last couple of Currentlys because my computer crashed.  I just couldn't fill one out with the fonts that were available on the loaner computer.  I'm a font snob.  True story. 
Now that my computer is fixed AND I won Khrys Boxland's font collection I am back!

Thanks to Farley for hosting once again.



Listening:  My girls are the ones watching but I do laugh at Dez sometimes.

Loving:  I have wanted a minivan for a couple of years now and finally got one!  I'm loving the sliding doors and that my girls can invite friends to go with us to places.  It came with Sirius radio and I've been playing the 80s and 90s station non-stop.  C&C Music Factory anyone? 

Thinking:  Because my computer crashed I spent the first half of the summer doing NOTHING for school.  It was pretty awesome to just read for fun but now I'm feeling the pressure to get stuff done!  I did get one thing updated yesterday.  My Daily Calendar Pages needed a major facelift.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Daily-Calendar-Pages-August-through-June-1365270
Click above to check it out on TPT.  It's on sale this weekend and of course for the big TPT sale starting Monday!

Wanting:  More time!

Needing:  A new printer!  I'm considering buying the Hewlett Packard LaserJet Pro 200.
http://www.amazon.com/Hewlett-Packard-LaserJet-Wireless-Printer/dp/B008ABLJHE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407007607&sr=8-1&keywords=Hewlett+Packard+LaserJet+PRO+200+Color+M251NW+Wireless+Printer+%28CF147A%23BGJ%29
I saw it on Growing Firsties and I know Greg has one.  Anyone else have one and love it?

Teachers report on August 25 for four days of workshop.  The kids come in on either September 2 or 3 with their family for a half hour session with me.  Then they get their picture taken and get DIBEL tested.  It's nice to get to know families individually and they can get all their questions answered.  The first REAL day is September 4.

Have you filled up your cart yet?  I have some stuff picked out and can't wait for the big sale!


8 comments:

  1. I can't believe you still have that much of your summer left.. what a nice feeling that must be!! haha!! I could NOT imagine my life without a computer or the internet!! It is my life source.... I am glad to see that you are back and it might have been nice not to have the online distractions!!


    Michelle
    The 3AM Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that printer and I LOVE it! The ink is expensive of course, but I certainly buy it much less than with my old inkjet! My only regret is not spending a wee bit more and getting the next version up with the copier/scanner. Now I need to hold on to both my printers in case I need a quick copy or scan at home.
    Colleen :-)
    Fun and Fearless in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the sale, Sara! I laughed at your font snob comment...One of my coworkers makes so much fun of me because I love fonts so much. Good to know I'm not alone!

    Danielle
    Carolina Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you got your computer up and running again and just in time for the TpT sale! The e-card about August being one long Sunday couldn't be more true! :) Enjoy the rest of your summer :D

    Michelle B
    Miss, Hey Miss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! I hate it when my computer shows the "blue screen of dread," which signifies that it just crashed. It's a good thing I have redundant backups of my writing. I do hope you have them too. Anyway, I am also quite picky with font choices, and I particularly loath Comic Sans. Hahaha! School is about to start again, and I hope everything goes well for you. All the best!

    Roberta Scott @ Spectrum Information

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad that you were able to get your computer fixed. I can only imagine how heartbreaking that must have been.I'm also slightly jealous of the fact that your students don't start until September. Enjoy the rest of your summer and best wishes on a great start to the new year!

    Hugs,
    Lynda
    Ms. Hamm's First Grade Funland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sara! I found your blog on Farley's Currently. :) I start school on the 4th as well, sorry to all the teachers who have already started! Hope your sale was successful! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    Best wishes!

    Anna
    Kinder Tykes

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's alright. Computers sometimes go wonky like that in all the wrong moments. Good thing there are ways to switch them back into being and to make them work to your liking again. Thanks for sharing that! I enjoyed reading your post. All the best!

    Cordia Remsen @ RB's Computer Service

    ReplyDelete