Thursday, February 27, 2014

Job Day!

Today was Job Day for us.  Kids could dress up to show what they want to be when they grow up.  It was a great way to end our Economics unit on Goods & Services, Needs & Wants and Community Helpers.  My kids rocked it this year!
From the front on the left:  astronaut doctor, ballerina, baby sitter, dentist, mad scientist, engineer  Next row:  nurse, cop, pastor, president, artist, copy, professional football player.  Next row:  athlete, hairstylist, tooth fairy, nurse, construction worker & mathematician.
  
I was a cupcake baker but forgot to get a picture of myself.

I love seeing what they want to be.  This is how we start the day:
 
My favorite part was going on a Job Day parade where we show off what we want to be to the rest of the grade level.  So much fun.

I had to giggle during guided reading:
I don't often get to read with the Tooth Fairy and an Astronaut Doctor!

Our 5th grade buddies also came down to help us make a neighborhood about of paper bags.  I love how they turned out.
I put a bunch of paper out but ended up taking out glitter, cotton balls, pom poms, and popsicle sticks.   

One more day of the BIG TPT Sale!
Don't forget to enter the code! 

3 comments:

  1. What a fun day! I love the paper bag idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun!!!!! Love the costumes!

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Job Day? How super fun! They're so cute!
    Chrissy

    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete