Friday, August 2, 2013

Word Work

I shared a few weeks ago my Monday Made it.

I firmly believe that the brain loves novelty!  In my experience kids are more willing to be completely engaged in an activity that is exciting and something they don't normally come across.

Here are a few more ways to get kids excited about making words!

Do you have any novel ways for kids to practice writing or making words?  I'd love for you to share!

By the way, I noticed I am very close to hitting 400 followers on Bloglovin'!  VERY close!
I'd love to throw a giveaway to celebrate all my amazing followers!  If you would like to be involved, please fill out this google form.  Thank you!







3 comments:

  1. Love the alphabet you made. I've been wanting to make some too...just have yet to get started! LOL

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like using play-doh too. My students always seem to enjoy twisting and stretching the play-doh into different words. It also is a good quick assessment on fine motor skills and spatial skills.


    Krystyn
    Ms Richards's Musings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lego word work idea! My students' favorite activity was stringing letters onto a pipe cleaner.

    -Amanda @
    Teacher at the Wheel

    ReplyDelete