Sunday, August 4, 2013

Flip Flop Product Swap!

I'm very excited to link up with Confessions of a Teaching Junkie for a product swap!
I'm swapping with Erin from It's Owl Good in Kindergarten.


I was excited that I got to meet Erin in person last month when I was visiting Chicago.
She is just as nice in person as she appears to be on her blog.

Erin gave me her Heroic Addition to try out.

First, I ♥ Melonheadz clipart.  Erin's cards are so cute!

Erin made cards that have addition problems on them and then cards with the answers.  I love the chevron for the background!


Here are the ways you can play with them:

1. Students can count the number of heros to find a total.
2. Students can write a number sentence using the pictures as a guide.
3. Students can match the correct picture equations with the answer like a puzzle.
4. Students can match the number sentence to the picture equation.
5. Students can match all three cards (number sentence, picture equation, and answer.)
6. Students can turn cards upside down and play a memory type of game.
7. Students can do any of the above and write their work on the recording pages.

I love that she included a response sheet to go along with it.  It holds kids more accountable and gives me an idea if they are understanding how to add.
 I decided to use the cards as a memory game.  My youngest wants to keep up with her big sister in learning and jumped at the chance to play an adding game.


I started with just a few cards but Erin included LOTS of choices for easy differentiation.



I can see my kinders loving this game is I put it in a math station bin.  I think it would be fun to throw in a couple of masks for them to wear while playing, too!

If you want to snag Erin's Heroic Addition for yourself, click here!

Also, if you follow you on Facebook, you've already seen these, but I ended up making number gems because I liked my alphabet ones so much.

I got these stickers from Trend.
 For my letter gems I used white duct tape sheets but for these I used white contact paper which is much cheaper.  I cut the 1" circles using our school dye cut machine and then followed the same process as I did for my alphabet gems.


I made 7 sets so I can share them with my team.
I love how they turned out! 

Let me know if you end up making some of these gems, too!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara! Those little letter and number gems will be a big hit. I ran over to Erin's TPT to put her unit on my wishlist. I love those superheros and I think your idea about adding masks would make it way fun. Not capes. My kids think that means we have to run. Maybe capes could be put out at recess! :) And your youngest is precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! I agree that capes would NOT be a good idea :)

      Delete