Monday, July 8, 2013

Chicago Round 1 & Made It Monday

I spent this past weekend in Chicago for our annual family get together.  I hung with the kids while most of the other adults golfed

 I also took some time away to meet up with Erin from 

 She is from Milwaukee but she was nice enough to meet me half way.  We did some shopping and had lunch at Potbelly.  It was so nice to talk school in person.  We are also working on something together so it was nice to compare notes.


My girls had Creative Kid's Camp today.  They had a blast but I think I might have enjoyed the time off more :)
It's my first Made It Monday and I'm super excited!

I love to organized things.  I was looking for a new way to organize Sophie and Lily's school papers, awards, art, etc
Then, I saw this pin last year....
LOVE!

I got so far as buying the crates and the vinyl names but that was it.  I ordered the names from Uppercase Living but if I had it to do over again, I would have done it myself with my Cricut and some vinyl. 
I finally got it together and finished!


I need to work on my bow making!

I labeled a hanging file for each age/grade.
 I love that when Sophie comes home from school she can put her best work in her folder.

I can't take all the credit for checking this off my list.  Our cat Kwazii was a huge help.

Link up with your Made It Monday by clicking the button up above.

Here is another great giveaway!  Bec is celebrating 100 followers with TWO giveaways!  Show her some love.
 

8 comments:

  1. It was so good meeting you and chatting with you. Love that picture! :)

    Looks and sounds like the trip was fun for all!

    Erin
    It's "OWL" Good in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous that you got to take a trip to Chi Town. Most of my extended family lives in and around Chicago. Getting excited for our meetup!

    Kelly
    Kindergarten Kel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Kelly! This makes me excited for our meet up too! :) LOVING those adorable crates!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen crates like this on Pinterest before & keep telling myself that I need to make one for my little guy & ASAP, he's already 2. Why do I procrastinate so much? I have re-pinned your post to his board, in hoping that will give me the reminder to get going. I love the letters for the kids names & the simple ribbon/bow.

    Stephanie
    PolkaDotPalace

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these tubbies. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute idea! I love the ribbon in the circles.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea! They turned out beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing. Just found your blog today and am a new follower...

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping over! I'm already a follower of your blog :)

      Delete