Wednesday, July 24, 2013

$1 SALE & Made it Monday...Wednesday edition

First, I noticed yesterday I had over 300 followers on Bloglovin!  This is also my 100th post!  To celebrate, my ENTIRE STORE IS JUST $1 for just today (Wednesday)!!  If you have anything in your wish list, this is the time to buy!  Just my way of saying thank you for following me!

Next, I know I'm super late for Made it Monday, but since I was out of town, I'm just linking up today.
 
I love buying and making sets of letters for Word Work.  I've found that kids are a lot more excited to build words if the material is changed out often.  They love novelty!  

I've seen alphabets made from glass beads and Modge Podge but I have a confession to make...
I am not friends with Modge Podge.  Nope.  Not at all.

A couple summers ago I tried to make the cute clipboards you've seen all over Pinterest.  I brought my clipboards outside, attached the cutest paper to my clipboards and went inside to get some lunch.  When I got back outside, some of my paper had flown away and the rest was a wrinkled mess.  I know it was user error, but I was so frustrated!

Then, last year a good friend made me a set of glass bead letters but when I took them out of my cupboard to use, they were all stuck together.  So dissapointing when I know she spent a lot of time on them!
 So, I got to brainstorming about how I could make letters easily.
Here is my solution:





I am so excited to use these with my kids and a cookie sheet.  An entire set took me only 5 minutes.  I put the vowels on the green rocks just so they would stand out a little more.

I also want to tell you about a great deal going on!  Remember when I posted about these new smelly markers from Toys R Us?
Well, this week they are buy 1, get 1 FREE!!!  I stopped by and got a price adjustment and a few more markers.  That means they are $.25 each.

Last, show my friend Desiree some love and enter her amazing giveaway!


13 comments:

  1. Thank you for the $1 sale! I can't wait to use your Write it and Tally it sight word practice packs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to make something like this. :) I bought the large glass gems from Dollar Tree. Only they varied in shape and size. Not a lot but enough that I wasn't sure circles would work. So I started writing mirror image on the backs but I can't attach magnets to mine. Your way looks easier :). Did you have any problems with the circles of duct tape?
    Jenn
    KinderMyles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My gems were a little different, too but it seemed to be okay. I didn't have any issues with the duct tape at all (I've used it a lot in my classroom to add polka dots to things). All of the circles fit inside the gem and the magnets attached without any problems. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. LOVE the alphabet gems! I think I need to get some of those markers! Are those skinny Scentos?

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember if I responded to you already, but they are smelly markers from Crayola. They have them at the Maple Grove Toys R Us at the end of the aisle. :)

      Delete
  4. I love the alphabet gems! Great idea. I need to make some of those.
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were super easy! Good luck!

      Delete
  5. Just bought your whole store! Yep! Sure did:) Thanks!!!! Can't wait to use them:) Thanks for your great sale!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU!!! I really appreciate you being a follow and for your support!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the $1 Sale! I know I'll use these this year and I'm looking forward to it!! Yeah!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing how to make these. I will be doing Daily 5 for the first time this Fall and these gems will be perfect!
    Maria
    First Grade Carousel

    ReplyDelete