Tuesday, June 25, 2013

More Than Words: Tally It Tuesday

Today is day two of introducing the one or two popcorn words to my class.  If you didn't see yesterday's post, you can view it here.


TALLY IT TUESDAY
I start by going through the SMART file again.  We also review the word cheer of the week.  
I then introduce the Tally It sheet.

Click on the images to get them from my TPT store.

Beginning of the year version (trace the words in the sentence at the bottom).


Middle of the year version (fill in the blanks with the words).


End of the year version (write a sentence using both words on the line).

This gives students a chance to write the word, trace the word, color the word and find the word.  I once again insist that they verbally spell the words as they write them in all the different places.  It is also a really good way to practice making tally marks!

Here is a list of the words it covers (two words during a regular week and one during a short week):
A the
My you
Up and
See
Like I
as it
at one
we go
little had
no
to me
in can
come is
for have
his he
an
do look
on are
what so
him got
has here
get she
am said
did play
will of
that all
saw this
down was
went with
where
when they

That's it for Tuesday!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

4 comments: