Saturday, June 1, 2013

I'm late! I'm late!

I'm late again!  I have a good excuse though!
 Last night I watched my very first group of kindergartners graduate from high school.  I got a front row seat, too!  A girl from my class was the valedictorian and gave a great speech.  
 I'm a softy and it was a little emotional to see them walk across the stage.
Then after I got to chat with some families.

 Sadi is going into fashion management.
I love seeing them all grown up!
The alphabet countdown is almost complete!
I blogged about U and V here.

 was for Wacky Hair Day and Walk to the Dairy Queen.
Here is our wacky faces with our wacky hair.
LOVED this art project!  We took this template (can't find the source...let me know if it is you and I'll be sure to give you credit!)


We then folded it in half, added some squirts of paint and folded it again.  

We also walked to our local Dairy Queen!  It was crazy busy (2nd grade AND a middle school class also decided to go at the same time).  Luckily, our order was already packed up and ready to go.

Was X marks the spot.  Originally we were going to do some pirate things BUT then it turned into our field day. 

The K, 1, & 2 field day was all morning.  I was at the Ostrich Egg relay.  It was too windy though so we just had them skip, hop and run with the eggs.  It was a lot of fun.






Boys vs. girls tug-of-war.
I have read on a couple blogs that kids can write on tables with dry erase markers without trouble.
I decided to give it a try.  I told them we were going to take a spelling test.



Then I let them draw/doodle/play tic-tac-toe.  They LOVED it!  The only trouble was that I could NOT get the marker to erase very easily.  You can see the lines.  After using my cleaner and it still not coming off, I got out my old standby.
It turned a weird shade of gray but it did take the markers off.  I might wait awhile before trying that again.  What did I do wrong?  Is it because the markers are the low odor ones? 
My daughter's kindergarten teacher sent me some photos from her year.  I had to share this one.
Class of 2025!

Also, my friend Gwen over at Learning With Mrs. Brinn is celebrating one year of blogging with a giveaway!  It ends on Wednesday though so head on over and enter now!  You might notice that you could win a product of your choice from my store, too!
 What did you do this week?  Link up with Doodle Bugs here.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sara,

    I have found that black Expos erase the best and the desks need to be really clean! But the generic markers or even colored Expos leave smudges or need to be wiped off with something wet.

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I'll try it again!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Jessica. The black comes off the best. And when it does leave behind some lines, I just give them a clorox wipe and it normally does the trick! Don't wait too long before trying it again. The kids love it :) I'm sure you know that after trying it once. They ask to do it for free time EVERY time!

    Thanks for letting us know about your friend's giveaway. I'm heading over right now!

    Ashley
    Flying High in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My kids asked to do it the next day...I knew to ask fellow bloggers for help ;)

      Delete