Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday Funday

Happy Cinco de Mayo!  This is going to be a very random post.  Just warning you.  Buckle up and get ready :)

First I want to mention the big 28% off Teacher Appreciation Sale at TPT coming up!

I also linked up with Learning with Mrs. Leeby!  Check out all the other sales here.

Or, check out all of my products by going to my store here.

While there you might notice my newest pack!


Included is a page for each of the top 43 most used word families.  There is a anchor picture in the corner, spots for 8 words plus a challenge spot, plus the consonants down the side.  I teach my kinders the strategy of filling in each consonant to see if it makes a word.  I also use a blending chart for the beginnings that I found at Ladybug's Teacher Files here.
For a list of the word families included in the pack and to see more examples, click on one of the photos above.  It will be included in my TPT sale on May 7-8!

Today is your last day for a couple of things that I've donated to. 
It is your last day to enter Mrs. Mauro's Kinderverse's Giveaway!

Also, today is the last day for the Martin Richard Fundraiser from The Primary Buzz!
Primary Buzz












For a donation of $15 you get all these products!
Click here to donate.

And, it is the last day to enter Fluttering in First Grade's Giveaway.


1st Grade Fireworks is turning 50 and celebrating in a BIG WAY!  There are 4 separate giveaways that you won't want to miss!

Today starts a new weekly feature on my blog called SMART board Sundays.  I know there are other boards out there but I'm only familiar with the SMART board.
A commenter ask me how I organize my files.  I have a file on my desktop called SMART.  I use it every day so I want it where I can get to it easiest.  Inside the file, it looks like this:
Then, for each theme I have a file. 

Then, I keep each link in a different page in the file. For example, in my Dental Health there are links to BrainPopJr

 YouTube

 Tumblebooks

I take a screen shot (Shift+Command+4 on the Mac) of the thing I want and then drag it into a new page.  Then, I can select it and add the link.  Be sure to select "Web Page" under Link to.

I like the look of having the link attached to the graphic, rather than having the little globe thing.  Personal preference :)
Just be sure to lock it in place when you are done.  I also like to rename the page so I can easily find the link I'm looking for.
Does that help?  How do you organize your SMART files?  I'd love to hear how you use your board.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your files are so organized! Mine are similar...but then I have this habit of randomly naming things or saving them to my desktop with the plan of filing them correctly later, which never happens! I love the idea of having your links saved inside there as well.

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete