Monday, May 27, 2013

Summer Bucket List

After this three day weekend, it is hard NOT to think about SuMmEr!  I have 8 more wake-ups until I can officially begin summer break.  I am linking up with A Cupcake for the Teacher, Miss Kindergarten, and A Modern Teacher to share my Summer Bucket List!

1.  Teach!
I am teaching two classes on June 12.  One on The Daily Five and the other is Math Stations Primary Style.  My tummy is already feeling nervous about it.  

2.  Disney World!
We are headed to Disney with my parents and grandma.  We've been looking at the map and making reservations.  I'm so excited to see my girls meet some princesses!

3.  TPT
I have a list of things I want to add to my store this summer.  I've been buying clip art and can't wait to get started!

4.  Facilitate our district book club.
We are reading The Next Step in Guided Reading.
 I also saw that the Freebielicious bloggers are also doing an online book study of the same book.  I can't wait!

5.  Math, math, math.  Our PLC is working on our pacing guide for math and we are not going to finish before school gets out.  Our curriculum director just sent out an e-mail and it looks like we can get paid to finish during the summer.  Yes, please!  If you have a good kindergarten pacing guide, and you don't mind sharing, please pass it on!  We are a non-common core state (womp-womp) but I think our targets are pretty similar.  Anyone?

6.  Read!  My bedside table has 8 books on it right now.  I'd like to read all of them this summer.  Number one on the list is....

7.  Spend LOTS of time with these two cuties!  
So far we have swimming lessons, Vacation Bible School, Creative Kids Camp and anything else we want to do planned.

What is on your bucket list?  Link up!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE Disney World. We went there last summer. It was probably the best vacation ever. I know you will do great teaching the classes this summer!

    Hugs,
    Amanda
    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Bucket List. You will do a great job teaching those classes. Please stop over to my blog for a DVD giveaway.

    littlelearnersinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't put reading on my bucket list but it is something that I will definitely be doing! I have a HUGE stack of books to read. I also have The Light Between Oceans in my stack and I started reading the first chapter but had to put it down. School just gets in the way! lol! I'm a new follower. Thanks for stopping by.

    Kathy
    Coloring Outside The Lines

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVE Disney World! We just got back from a quick weekend getaway and will be returning in July! (We only live 3 hours away.) When will you be up there? I wish I could be at your trainings that you will be doing. I'm sure you will do an awesome job.

    Cara
    The Teacher's Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for finding my blog, so I could find you! Your girls are adorable. With those two cutie patooties your summer is sure to be action packed fun filled :) Good luck with your classes!
    Preschool Wonders

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog and love all of your summer fun. I have never heard of the book The Next Step In Guided Reading. May have to add it to my summer reads. Enjoy your cuties this summer~
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog! !! Love your bucket list! I just got that guided reading book. looking forward to reading it.

    Cindy
    mrspriceskindergators.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete