Monday, May 20, 2013

Linky Fever

I have a problem.  I really, really, really like Linky Parties!  I've linked up with 3 for this one little post.
First, with Pinkadots Elementary.


Here is our supply list for the next year.
I also make sure to stock up on...



I also want to link up with Jivey this week. 
This week she wants to see how we organize our math materials.
This is one of my favorites.  It is a tool organizer that I screwed into the bag of my math shelf.  Kids can come take a drawer for sorting, patterning and counting during math stations.  Easy!

I also love my dice box.  I love collecting different types of dice and this is a great way to organize them all!

Last, I'm linking up with Jess from I {heart} recess.


I have not reached the 200 follower milestone yet, so I am considered a Budding Blogger.
1. Why did you start blogging?
I have learned so much from the blogging community and wanted to be a part of it for awhile.  It took me awhile before I actually took the plunge though.  My coworkers convinced me to give it a try and here I am!

 
2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
My favorite subject to teach is reading.  I love seeing a child go from knowing only a few letters at the beginning of the year to reading at the end.  You see amazing growth in kindergarten and I love being a part of it!  Plus, I have a slight addiction to children's literature and love the chance to share my favorite books with my kinders.

 
3. Describe your teaching style.
I work really hard to show my students that effort=results.  I am their biggest cheerleader!  However, I also am pretty firm and have high expectations for their behavior.  Last, I love to teach using music.  We are always singing songs to learn concepts.  :)

4. Give three interesting facts about you.
 1.  I have two sisters who are also in education but at the other end of the spectrum.  One teaches at the university level and the other at an area tech school.  

2.  I LOVE to read!  I sometimes even read while blow drying my hair in the morning :)  My favorite authors are Jodi Piccoult and Sophie Kinsella.

3.  I got my dream job right out of college.  I have been a kindergarten teacher for 13 years and consider myself very lucky!  My first group of kinders are graduating this year.  I even got some graduation party invites.  How cool is that?!?
5. Do you have a TpT store? If yes, post the link :)
Yes!  My store is at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Sara-Edgar

I am ONE away from 150 TPT followers!  Come on over and become a follower!

I want to end this post with this...
 This picture made my jaw drop...
It is a view of a neighborhood that is now completely gone.  So sad.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! My heart breaks for those in Oklahoma.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love linky parties too! They are fun...so don't feel bad about 3 in one! :)

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up! I too love sharpies! :)
    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete