Friday, May 17, 2013

Five for Friday!

Well, we survived another week!  11 more days of students plus 2 staff days (Boo! for snow day make up!)=13 days of work until SUMMER!  One more Friday left to link up with Doodle Bugs for my 5 random moments of the week!

Field Trip!  Monday we went to an area nature center and the park.
The kids used nets to fish out little insects/larvae from the pond.  

The day was a lot of fun even though it started to rain later on and a student from another class fell in the pond (yikes!!).

K, L, M, N, O Days for our 26 Day Countdown!

K was supposed to be Kindness but we were at the nature center.  Those teachers that didn't go did a lot of things with being a bucket filler using this book and video.

L was Ladybug day!  Look at this cutie who took the day very seriously!
M was Movie and Mismatched day.  We all dressed in mismatched clothes and watched A Bug's Life.  I know, I know!  That's a long movie but we took an intermission and then did a character map of the main character.  I promise that I got my assessing finished something was learned!

N was New Name.  Kids could pick a new name for the day.  It was a lot of fun to see what names they created for themselves.  I wrote it on a sentence strip so they could wear it on their heads.

I was amazed at how easy it was to remember their new names, too!  

Today was O for Olympics.
Love this video!

We also ran the track and read some great non-fiction books about the different events. 


Here is Ladybug Girl (from above) again with her Olympics gear.  Her friend is wearing a gymnastics leotard.  So cute!
I reviewed this AMAZING sharpener this week!



Come back next week for a chance to WIN one for yourself!  I can't wait!


I got to have my new favorite smoothie TWICE this week!  Once from parent and once from a coworker.  Have you tried Caribou's new White Peach Berry Smoothie?  YUM!

 
My friend Becky over at the Compassionate Teacher is celebrating 100 Followers with a giveaway!
Click on her button above to enter.  There are 3 chances to win!


10 comments:

  1. I love the choose a new name idea! That is too cute! I have heard of those pencil sharpeners all around the blogs and have yet to actually see one in a store!

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Name day is too fun! My district JUST made the cut off for snow days this year, so thankfully we don't have any make up days. Awesome in January...awful in June! Ha!

    Jill
    abcs and polkadots

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ALL your ideas on this post! That smoothie looks amazing! I might have to try it. Your field trip looked fun until I saw the someone fell in the pond part! Yikes!!! :)
    Sara
    First Grade Funtastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Olympian! That smoothie looks great too!

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! A kid fell in the lake!?! Ah! I love your ABC countdown...so cute!
    Julie
    Ms. Shope's Class

    ReplyDelete
  6. ABC countdown is the best!!! :) That sharpener is so great. I bought one in October, but we had a mishap at the Valentine's Day party and it was holding up the garbage bag. We think that it go thrown away! AHH!! Oh, the horror!! ;)

    Katie
    Smiles from 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That is too bad about your sharpener! Ewwww!

      Delete
  7. So fun! We did the same thing with the nets and "fishing" for tadpoles. Two kids fell in...lol. Not in my class though. Good thing it was only about a foot deep. Hope you are having a great weekend!
    Elizabeth
    Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. New name day- love it!! I will have to try that out with my kinderkids. That smoothie looks delish!

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete