Wednesday, May 1, 2013

B is for Bubbles and C is for Colorful


is for bubbles!  Yesterday we celebrated things that pop!  We tried out bouncing bubbles

Here is how you can make your own.
2 cups warm water
1 cup liquid dish soap
1/2 cup glycerine
1 tsp. sugar

The socks are so they don't pop.  I have to admit I was terrible at it!  My kids, however, were able to blow them without a problem.  I would recommend using bubble wands instead of straws though.

We also went outside to blow regular bubbles.


To continue the fun we read this book:
 and chewed some bubble gum of our own.  
POP!

Today we celebrated C is for colorful!
Our day was based mostly on Dog's Colorful Day by Emma Dodd.
 
It is such a cute book!  We used activities from Making Learning Fun.com

We also watched the movie My Many Colored Days by Dr. Seuss.
It was filmed at Orchestra Hall in Minnesota which is fun for our kids to hear.

Today we had a pizza party to celebrate a birthday and I have to share a funny story from it.  
One of my students wanted another slice of pepperoni pizza but all that was left was cheese.  He was really upset and didn't know what to do since he was still hungry.  

Then I looked at his plate.  

All of the pepperoni had been peeled off his first piece and was sitting there uneaten.

I asked him about it and he said that is what he does at his house since he DOESN'T LIKE THE PEPPERONI!  
I had to laugh and then explain that pepperoni pizza without the pepperoni is CHEESE PIZZA!  He was amazed :)  I had to snap a picture of his plate.

Last, I have to share a proud mom moment.  My daughter had her first music concert last night.
Here she is with my dad waiting to go on stage.   It was so much fun to see her singing and dancing on stage.  I can't believe she'll be a big first grader soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment