Friday, May 24, 2013

Another Five for Friday!

  Oh, man!  My students have been possessed by little monsters!  I don't know why after 163 days of school, they are back to testing the limits!  I pulled out all my tricks this week and am exhausted!  I want to go to bed early but had to link up again with Doodle Bugs.


It was an ice cream kind of day!  My team went to Dairy Queen for lunch today and I got a Heath Blizzard.  Hello Friday!
My youngest daughter had her last day of 3-year-old preschool last night. 
Here she is with her teacher.

The ABC Countdown continues with

P is for Picnic and Performance.  Kids brought in their own snack and drink to eat outside.  Then kids could do a performance of some kind.
Here were some of the highlights.
The girl in pink wrote a play (The 3 Little Kittens) and asked the others to perform.

 His "talent" was to take a block and swing it like a baseball bat.  He hit a home run!
The Baby Dance.  No idea.  The other kids loved it though.  Who knew?
Queen and King Day.  We were going to borrow the idea of having separate days from my friend Amanda Pauley but our rescheduled field trip ended up on K day.   During the morning the Queens were first and got special treatment.  The afternoon was for the Kings.  It was a lot of fun!


  We made hand print queen and king puppets.  They turned out pretty cute!
Reading Rocks!  We painted rocks and added eyes and hair BUT I forgot my camera.  Doh!
Silly Sock Day!
Today was teacher day.  We used this book from Maria at KinderCraze.
Click on the preview to get your copy.

 4 more days to enter my giveaway for this amazing sharpener!  Click on the button to enter.
 
 
Finally, today was the day we have been waiting for...our placements for next year!  I am so happy that I will be in kindergarten again next year!

If you want to link up with Doodle Bugs head on over!

9 comments:

  1. Love the handprint king and queen - so cute!
    I stopped by from Doodle Bugs...great blog!
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post! Looks like you all are having so much fun in your room! Yay for being in Kindergarten next year! So exciting!
    Julie
    Ms. Shope's Class

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome activities! Love the letter ones. Gave you a shout out over at my blog! Check it out! Have a great holiday!

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Nicki! I appreciate the shout out! Hope you had a relaxing weekend!

      Delete
  4. I love your blog! Your letter ideas were adorable. Love the king and queen! And the baby dance made me laugh because that is SO kindergarten! Those things you can't explain are the favorites sometimes and it just leaves you scratching your head! :)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! That's why I love kindergarten. They always make me smile! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Needed to make a grammar correction!
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm a new follower. We had so much fun with our sweet little guinea pig. Love your ideas! I'm teaching a K/1 next year. I have taught both kindergarten and first grade but I'm always looking for fresh ideas.
    Thanks so much,
    I Dream of First Grade
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I've seen you post on the Kinderland group, too.

      Delete