Monday, April 22, 2013

I ♥ My Classroom!

I'm excited to link up with Latoya again!  This week I'm going to show you my three favorite spots in my classroom.
 
1.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my SMART board.  It has completely transformed how I teach!  I rarely turn it off and have integrated it into every part of the day.  
 2.  My library.  I have a slight obsession with children's literature.  I have 36 bins arranged by themes here.  In another spot I have my leveled library.  I love the little chair in the corner.  My kids love to cuddle up with a book there during Daily Five.
 3.  My Book Club area.  I call my guided reading groups, Book Clubs.  Each club gives themselves a name and they decorate their teams label (on the blue bins).  I made my crate seats two summers ago and love them, too.  The table may look tiny, but I like to be able to hear my students.  I hated my kidney bean table and was lucky to get this from another teacher.

If you want to show off your classroom, link up here.

I tried something new today in celebration of Earth Day.  I  squirted shaving cream on a tray and then added green and blue paint.  I gave each student a large white circle and they pressed it into the shaving cream.

 After waiting five minutes, we scraped off the extra shaving cream.  I love the result.

In other news, I'm being featured on Fun in 1st Grade tomorrow!   


Click on her button above, and become a follower of hers so you don't miss it!

Last, I am starting to understand how Bill Murray felt in Groundhog's Day.
It is snowing again!  They are saying up to 8 inches.  I feel like a broken record! 
ENOUGH!


18 comments:

  1. I would love to hear how you use your SmartBoard. I have one, but have no idea what to do with it. In what ways has it transformed your day? (If you feel like sharing...) Thanks.
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to share! I'll start a post about it tonight and publish it soon :)

      Delete
  2. Love that little Earth Day craft! How cute :) I'm super jealous of that classroom library. It's so organized!

    Sara
    Primary Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It has taken YEARS to get it the way I like :).

      Delete
  3. Love, love, love the Earth Day craft. It's soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your classroom pics! Sorry to hear about more snow for you I guess I will stop complaining about all of the rain we have been getting here! Hope it warms up soon!!!!

    Sarah
    Clearly Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is supposed to get into the 60s Friday!

      Delete
  5. I was stopping by to remind you about tomorrow, but I see that you remembered! :) Love the Earth Day craft!
    :) Dana
    Enter my giveaway @ Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Earth Day craft is awesome! We are celebrating Earth Day tomorrow because I'm a little behind....but we may have to do this activity later in the week, too. My students would love it!

    Danielle
    Carolina Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I absolutely do! I love that kids can't tip over on them AND the extra storage is so nice.

      Delete
  8. Remind me that I have a million questions about your amazing organization with books, when we meet! I heard it's going to snow AGAIN tomorrow. NO!!!!

    :)
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! It will be fun to talk in person!

      Delete
  9. Girrrrrrrrrlllll..I know what you're saying about the smartboard!!! in dispensable!!!! I got another little laptop just so I don't have to go back and forth between my computer and digital projector...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your classroom. I too, use my SMART board all the time. I'm so glad I found your blog. Thanks for letting us peek into your classroom.
    Sandra
    www.savvyteachingtips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete