Friday, April 12, 2013

Five for Friday & a Freebie

Hooray for Friday!  It's been a busy week.  Even WITH the snow day we had yesterday.  
Here are my random five...

1.  Unexpected gifts.  I got this from a student this week.  I love it!  It even has a spot for my pen. 

This was the notebook I mentioned in my What Did They Say? linky post on Wednesday.

2.  Science Fun!  We spent the week doing some fun experiments with color.  When I saw this idea on Smedley's Smorgasbord of Kindergarten I knew I had to try it. As you can see, my kids were fascinated!



They convinced me to put in all the primary colors hoping to see a rainbow under the "clouds."  It didn't quite happen the way we were hoping, but it was still pretty cool.

3.  Snow Day!  The roads were crazy bad yesterday and our district didn't cancel school until I was already there!  I was so excited to go home and get back in my PJs but the drive was awful.  I don't envy our superintendent right now!  
I am so tired of the snow!!

4.  I started facilitating our district's book study of The Daily Five this week, and they weren't scary!  I think it will be a fun five weeks.  


5.  Twin Kitties. 
 
I had my 4-year-old daughters parent teacher conference on Tuesday.  Her teacher told me a story that still makes me laugh.  L found two identical Beanie Baby cats in the classroom and she was super excited that they were twins.  She took them to everyone in the room and excitedly told them about Ms. Jacki's twin KTitties!  She has a little trouble with her Ks.

If you want to link up with DoodleBugs, go here.


Also, I am linking up with Teaching Blog Addict for their Freebie Fridays!

Freebie Fridays

  We worked on the digraph SH the other day.  It is differentiated depending for different skill levels.


Click on either of the pictures to get a copy for yourself.

I'm off to play Bunco with the neighbor ladies!  I need a mom's night out!

5 comments:

  1. The science experiment looks like fun! I will have to try it with my little ones. How lucky to have a snow day in April! We've just had rain.
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahah the kitty story cracked me up. Brr I hate cold weather..it's finally been in the 80s this week here!

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. That owl book is gorgeous. Lol the kitty story is definately a "21st party" keeper

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the freebie! Love your kitty story! Ha! We did that cloud experiment a few months ago and my kiddos LOVED it too!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so thankful I don't live somewhere that it snows in April! I like warm weather too much! That was such a sweet gift from your student!

    Dawn
    Adventures in First with Mrs. Key

    ReplyDelete