Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tooting My Horn

Like my favorite kindergartner, Junie B. Jones would say, I'm tooting my own horn.  I spent several hours of my snow day yesterday writing code for this little blog.  Notice the fancy "scroll to the top" button now!  Then, I made a Facebook page for Polka Dot Kinders and made my own button for it.  I invite you to use that button to "Like" my Facebook page.  I even figured out how to link my Blog posts to my Facebook page.  I am new to blogging so the fact that I figured it all out AND it works, makes me super proud!

Also, I noticed today I am super close to the big number 100 for followers!  It seems like I was stuck on just 9 for FOREVER and now look.  I am in awe!  In the tradition of blogs, I would like to throw a 100 Follower Giveaway!  If you would like to donate anything to it, please e-mail me at ilovekdgt@gmail.com.   

10 comments:

  1. Ahh this is great. I'm learning lots of good stuff but haven't figured out how to write my own code yet..maybe this summer when I have more time. Congrats on getting almost to 100. I'll donate something if you need me too!

    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some good tutorials out there when you are ready to try it. I admit my brain felt a little fried last night. :). I'd love it if you would donate to my giveaway. Email me at ilovekdgt@ gmail.com and let me know what you are thinking. Thanks a ton!

      Delete
  2. Congrats my friend - you rock! I can't wait until we can get together again soon and you can show off your skills :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! We need a summer meet up!q

      Delete
  3. That is very impressive! I have not yet mastered all of those things! I hope to someday soon!! I love your blog and congrats on getting close to 100 followers! I would love to donate something to your giveaway!

    Jessica*
    Fluttering In First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! Just email me at ilovekdgt@gmail.com and let me know what you are thinking.

      Delete
  4. Would you be willing to share how you went about linking facebook and your blog? Maybe even the sites you read to do it? I want to do it and I am not sure how to start and where to go about starting/researching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out my post from today :) That should show you where to go for everything I did.

      Delete
  5. Had to try your 'Scroll to Top' button... felt like I was on Pinterest! :) Nice work lady!

    ReplyDelete