Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Techie Teachers

I had several comment on how I linked my blog to Facebook and got the codes for other things.  I will gladly point you in the right direction!  I can't claim to be a computer genius or anything :)

My go-to place for all things blogging and technology is Teaching Blog Addict!  There are several easy to follow tutorials on several different topics.  My favorite section is the Blogging Tips page.   I followed tip #25 for how to make a "scroll to the top" button on my blog.  It links to Cheers To School.  You can see her directions here

I followed tip #29 for making my social media buttons.  It is from The Resource Room Teacher.  I loved how she labeled them Social Butterfly so I used her idea.  That took me a little longer but it was my fault.  It had never used Photobucket and I thought I could get away with using Shutterfly.  FAIL!  I was so frustrated.  I finally followed her directions (duh!) and it was quick and easy.

To link my Facebook page to my Blog, I followed the directions and used the code from Cara at Teaching in my Calling.  She also had step by step directions for how to make a Facebook page for your blog. 

There you go!  Try them out.  It took me a few hours but I love the result.  I can't thank these bloggers for all their help and inspiration!  I love this community!

In other news, I think I found a good substitute for Google Reader.  I took the advice of Greg from Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten and joined Bloglovin.  As soon as I signed up, I was able to easily import all of the blogs I follow on Google to the site.  It was easy-peasy, lemon squeezy, as my kinders would say. 


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I should have talked about it when I posted yesterday but I was such a spaz about it I forgot!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I only harassed you on here and facebook. I am sorry to be a pain, but I am so excited I literally just squealed out loud and scared the dog and my husband! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! Like I posted above, I should have linked all that stuff yesterday but was on such a high from it all working that I forgot.

      Delete
  3. Yay! Thanks for the great info!

    I am happy to be your newest follower!!

    Nikki
    The Cozy Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Nikki! Now to go check out your blog :)

      Delete