Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Goods and Services

Today we got a TON of snow up here in Minnesota.  All of the schools around me had a snow day.  Kinda takes the fun out of a snow day when you are already on Spring Break!  At least my girls got to stay home with me.  Our dear neighbor helped us out and plowed our driveway.  It made me think of our upcoming Communities themes and Goods & Services.

One of our Kindergarten Learning Targets is that kids can distinguish between goods and services.  I haven't done a lot with it before since it is a new target for me.  I whipped up this Emergent Reader to help my kids understand the difference.  

Inside, students can look at the pictures and write if it is a good or a service.  Here are a few samples...


You can take a look at it in my TPT store here.

To celebrate my snow day, the first two people who comment with their e-mail address 
will get it for free!

4 comments:

  1. Spring break!? Our Spring Break isn't until the end of the month! I was one of those surrounding schools that had the day off! It was a nice surprise! Your new pack looks perfect!

    Kimberly Ann
    livelaughilovekinder@gmail.com
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for snow! cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is looks like a fabulous emergent reader! :)

    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I hope you enjoyed your snow day!

      Delete