Friday, March 15, 2013

Five for Friday and It's Your Lucky Day!

I'm joining up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday!


1.  We're back!  Our Spring Break is now over :(  I have a love/hate relationship with coming back from a big break.  I HATE the part about not being able to stay in my PJs and be with my girls.  They had a snow day during my break so we stayed in our PJs and did some science experiments.
 Baking Soda and Vinegar volcanos
BIG baking soda and vinegar volcano with glitter!

But, I LOVE introducing the new things I prepped from over the break.  New Daily 5.  New Math Station Bins.  New table spots.  New free choice spots.  Before break, my kids voted to change the dramatic play area to a flower shop.   They love it!


I also got out the sand and some new animals for the block area.




2.  Jobs, Jobs, Jobs.  We started our Neighborhoods Theme this week.  I love the progression from Universe, Earth, America, Minnesota, and now Neighborhoods.  Anyway, one of the new projects I tried was to have themselves make a job sign (I really don't know what to call it...).  Here are a couple of my favorites.
 Nurse
 Chef
Ballerina

I got the papers as a freebie last year. 

3.  Career Day.  Today was our 3rd annual job/career day.  The kids and teachers got to dress up.  I was a chef but I forgot to take a picture.  I had a couple of pretty cute/funny outfits.  One little guy was wearing a police officer outfit but it must have been from a few years ago because it was very short.  It was connected in the waist with elastic so whenever he raised his hand it gave him a snuggie!  I loved watching him write on the SMART board...one hand on the pen and the other on his butt!  Here are some pictures of my class.
 Artist, Motorcycle Mechanic, Lego World Worker, Ballerina & Baseball Player
 Ballerina, Ballerina, Office Worker, Marine & Farmer Girl
 Dad, Construction Worker, Farmer, Pediatrician & Farmer
Paleontologist, Police Officer, Flower Shop Girl & Nurse

4.  Kindergarten Writing.  I love that I can READ most of the writing my students do now.  I love reading their attempts at writing.  This one was from today and it made me laugh out loud!  She is the sweetest, most innocent girl so it was doubly funny!

When I grow up, I am going to be a ballerina.  I will put my legs spreaded. 

LOL!

5.  My Leprechaun hunter.  My youngest had a Leprechaun hunt at preschool Thursday.  She was WAY into it!  She insisted on dressing in all green and brought several tools (telescope, binoculars, magnifying glass and a trap made out of a Laughing Cow container).  Here is a picture of her lovely outfit. 
  
I'm also teaming up with the lovely 
Vera from Bedford, Love, and Teaching for her Lucky Day Sale! 
 
On St. Patrick's Day only...I am having a buy 1 get 1 free sale!
 
 
That's right, purchase any item from my store and choose a 2nd item* for free!
*(2nd item must be of equal or lesser value)

Here's how it works:
- Check out my TpT store here .
- Purchase any item.
- Email me at ilovekdgt@gmail.com and let me know which item you'd like for free! Make sure you include your TPT username!

She turned this sale into a Linky Party so if you're interested in participating, simply link up here. Please make sure you include the graphic on your blog.

Join our 1 day sale extravaganza!
Buy 1 item from my store and get 1 item* free

* free item of equal or lesser value

Once you stop by my store, be sure to check out the stores of the others who link up.  You are sure to get lucky!

4 comments:

  1. Oh that ballerina writing is too funny! Love your daughter's outfit to hunt for leprechauns. She looks totally prepared!

    Angelia
    Extra Special Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to science experiments with your own kiddos. I am looking for some fun ideas to do with my own kids during our spring break {which doesn't start for another week}. Your little leprechaun hunter is adorable. Have a great weekend!

    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Career day looked like so much fun! I bet everyone looked so cute!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are inspiring, girl!! :) I just started spring break and I've got BIG plans to be very productive!! Your post is just the motivation I needed to get "spring" into the break. I popped over from the Doodle Bugs Teaching link-up and I'm so excited to have found another kindergarten teacher to follow. Your blog is cuuuuute and you share such great ideas! Thank you!!

    Amy
    Happy Teacher Heaven

    ReplyDelete