I am beyond excited that I have reached 100 Flippin' Fantastic Followers! I have truly enjoyed getting to know so many fabulous teachers from all over the place! I have learned so much and am a stronger teacher because of this amazing community. As a thank you to my followers (old and new!) I am pleased to announce my first giveaway!!
Take a look at what you could win from some of my bloggy friends and me!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
A HUGE thank you to Amy from Happy Teacher Heaven for her help with Rafflecopter! She walked me through how to get the direct links to work. I never would have figured it out. She is also celebrating 100 followers and if you hurry you can enter her 100 Follower MEGA Giveaway here! It ends tomorrow so go now!
Another of my favorite bloggy friends is throwing a 300 Follower Giveaway! Head over to Live, Laugh, I LOVE Kindergarten to enter her fabulous giveaway!
Thanks to Dreamlike Magic for the cute clip art (LOVE the cupcake)! They also did my blog design, which I love.
Now to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for...
Here are my five random things from this past week. I forgot my camera at home a couple days this week so it is mostly non-school related.
1. My little Lilybug turned 4! My kids are on Spring Break this week so we spent part of the day with my grandma at the Mall of America. The highlight was that she got to open the Disney store with the magic key! She was so excited.
They gave her her own little key to keep.
2. Facing My Fears. Last week I was asked to facilitate our district's next book study on The Daily Five. I found out this week that enough people signed up so we start Wednesday! I am going WAY out of my comfort zone for this. I can talk to kids all day long and not feel nervous. Put me in front of adults, however and I get all red in the face and stumble over my words. After reading Mindset by Carol Dweck last summer, I decided that enough was enough and I had to face my fears. I am also teaching some classes on The Daily Five and Math Work Stations this summer through Resource Training. The course catalog just came out so if you live in the area (it is in St. Cloud, MN) check it out here. Look for my classes on June 12. For only $55 a class (plus $186 for 3 grad credits), it is a really cheap way to get continuing ed or grad credits.
3. Hearts for June. If you are local, you might have seen June's story on Kare 11. She is a little girl who has a rare disease and has spent a lot of time in the hospital. All she wants is to cover her room with paper hearts. My class made some this week.
4. Cake! Lily wanted a Care Bears cake. I ordered some vending machine sized bears on Amazon and let her go crazy. It drives me a little crazy that they aren't all facing the same way, but it made her happy. I got the idea for the sprinkles from Pinterest.
5. Taekwondo. My nieces earned a party at their Taekwondo studio this week. Sophie got to go as their guest. She loved it and wants to sign up now. She even broke a board!
I love my niece's face in this photo!
If you want to link up with your Five for Friday, go here!
Don't forget to enter my giveaway! You have until April 8th.