Thursday, February 28, 2013

Show Me Those Pearly Whites!



We finished our Dental Health unit today.  I have to share my favorite project to do with my kinders.  I've done it pretty much every year since I started teaching.

I started by making Play-doh.  I love the recipe that includes Kool-aid.  It is super soft and smells good, too. 


I made a double batch but could have easily gotten away with one.  Don't look too carefully...our counter turned a shade of pink for awhile.  I had to break out the bleach!

Then I gave them a chunk and a paper plate.  They made an oval and used their thumb to make a spot for their tongue.  Next, they used mirrors to take a good look in their mouths and then put white beans into the dough to mark where their teeth are.







 Last, they labeled their mouth!  I love the way they look but our Kindergarten Education Assistant gets creeped out by them.  I love to tease her with them :)





I also want to share some of my favorite Dental Health Songs.




Tomorrow is our Idea Explosion.  The kindergarten teachers all teach an enrichment activity.  Kids can pick where they want to go.  I'm doing cooking school with pizza and cupcakes.  YUM!




No comments:

Post a Comment