Monday, February 25, 2013

Can I get a Hall Pass?!?






http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-S46rnALXqUo/USQOK2HXw_I/AAAAAAAALG4/EkkqlRp7VcU/s1600/Slide1.JPG




We are almost to our spring break (3 1/2 days of teaching but who is counting, right?!?) so I definitely am in need of a Hall Pass.  Reagan over at Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits is hosting a cute Linky Party all about the hall pass.  I've been meaning to join this Linky Party and saw that it ends tomorrow! If you want to link up go here.

Here is how this one works. 

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VOE2hOcPCnQ/USQOKsKhwSI/AAAAAAAALG0/-jMJzRDOPLw/s1600/Slide2.JPG
Here goes!

Product-I don't have too much on TPT yet.  My hope it that I can load some more during my spring break next week (did I mention it is our spring break?!?).  So far, my favorite is my calendar bundle.





I used to do a calendar book with my kids.  Every day they would add one number to the monthly calendar and one number on the 100s grid.  We would track the weather and a few other things.  A couple years ago I had the idea of doing a page a day instead.  My kids now write numbers to the number of days we've been in school (for example, on the 100th day, they wrote to 100).  I've found this to be WAY more effective in teaching number concepts.  I also added a "dice of the day" where we focus on other math skills such as 2D shapes, 3D shapes, money, addition, subtraction, one more/one less, etc.  I also came up with a way to make calendar not so boring even in the month of February.  22 out of my 22 students can write to 100 and can identify numbers up to 100.  I KNOW it is because I do these calendar pages daily.  

Area-My favorite area of my classroom!


My hands down favorite area centers around my SMART board.  I use my board all day, every day. I also love my carpet which is right in front of the board.  Our wonderful Title One teacher bought them for our team a few years ago.  I love the color it adds and it gives kids their own space.  I also love my banner that I have handing above my board.  Two summers ago I switched my theme from turtles to polka dots.  I was a Pinterest making machine!  I made those crate seats that are all over the blogging world and my banner.  It makes me smile when I look at it.  This is a picture of my kids being silly on the 100th day of school.

Signal-I have a lot that I rely on...

One of my favorites is Tootsie Roll, Lollipop, We've been talking, Now Let's STOP!  I think it was from Dr. Jean.  I also love to use songs for transitions.  For cleaning up, I use Jack Hartmann's clean up song.  I get it stuck in my head A LOT!  I also like Harry Kindergarten's clean up video

and another one by Mark D. Pencil



Sanity- What keeps me sane after a long day in kinderland?
I LOVE a good book.  Right now I'm in the middle of 3 good ones.  I also love to watch Food Network and HGTV.  At work, however, I keep sane with Friday lunches with my kindergarten team.  We have an open campus and have made a habit of going out for a quick lunch on Fridays.  Our team can be wildly inappropriate at times but we are great at cheering each other up when things get tough. 

That's it!  Thanks to Reagan for hosting a fun party!

5 comments:

  1. Cute blog! I love reading too!! :) It's such a great escape. I popped over from the Hall Pass linky. I'd love it if you'd "sneak down the hall" and check out my Hall Pass post!!

    Amy
    Happy Teacher Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops...forgot to mention that I'm your newest follower!! :)

    Amy
    Happy Teacher Heaven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, I am now a follower of your blog :) Thanks for following mine!

      Delete
  3. So happy to find you through this linky party. I love your classroom. I am proud of you that you even have products on TPT. I'm not there yet but enjoying blogging and meeting new friends.
    Sherry
    Kindergarten Milestones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colors on your blog! Now I'm your newest follower :)

      Delete