Monday, January 28, 2013

We can cry about it or we can DANCE about it!



I love this kid!  I talk to my class a lot about when things don't go our way.  We work hard to build each other up and support one another when things are not looking good.  Instead of letting challenges get in our way, we dance and try again. 

I am so proud of the hard work my class has done this year.  95% of my class now knows 100% of their uppercase and lowercase letters plus 100% of all the letter sounds.  I have to share what happens when a kid in my class reaches the goal...HUGE celebration!  When I call someone over to my table to test the entire class offers encouragement while he or she is walking over.  Once a child masters the goal, I stand on my chair and we cheer and cheer.  It gives me chills every time.  I add a Brag Tag to the child's necklace and they get to wear it the rest of the day.

Since our SMART goal has been met, our class (along with 4 other classes) get to throw a pie in the teachers' faces.  Our brave principal and assistant principal are also getting pied (is that a word??).  Look for pictures on Thursday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment