Wednesday, January 30, 2013

BEE hour

Our school calls our intervention hour BEE hour (Best Education for Everyone) since we are the Hornets.  Our grade level was a little worried about it at first.  How would we know what to do?  What would we use?  Pinterest and Blogland to the rescue!  I seriously love these communities where teachers can find quality lessons to use with my high and low students.  We had great success last year during BEE hour and continue to see the benefits this year.

Our next session of BEE hour is focusing on writing.  I'm excited to work with a smaller group on letters and CVC words.  Once I had my assignment, it was off to Blogland to find something cute to work with.  One of the Bloggers I follow is Kindergarten Kel.  Do you follow her?  You should!  She has great stuff and she is my neighbor up here in Minnesota.  She has a great giveaway going on right now.  Check it out here.  I'm crossing my fingers I win because her Sweet Little Valentines Literacy Centers would fit great into BEE hour (and maybe even my guided reading groups).

Wish me luck!  While you are over at Kindergarten Kel's blog, become a follower.  You won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment